I decided to have a play with Fimo this week and try to make some ingredients and lids for my potion jars. So I practised twisting, rolling, warming and mixing. Nothing particularly adventurous but a bit tricky for me. I made a few lids and simply baked them together with the jars on a very low heat, 100 degrees and they stuck quite nicely. Perhaps a bit pretty for a witch but they can always go in the shop.
Here are the lids I made. I am quite pleased with the cream and brown ones at the back that I have tried to make look like material. The two tall ones with green and red lids exploded in the oven. This was due, either to the glitter getting too hot or because I had used their original stoppers to give shape. I will glue the tops back on and hide the cracks! The things I have learnt about fimo today are: even when you think you have rolled it out thin enough it is still too thick...... even when you believe the item is exactly the right size it is still too big.....and even when you think you have all the colours you need you are missing the one you definitely need!
I am supposed to be finishing my witch's kitchen this week but when I started sorting through my stash I realised all my jars were too big for the top shelf of the dresser. The dresser I had planned to be full of jars of yummy things and fresh produce. So I had to order some really tiny ones from My Tiny World and today I filled them with lots of fimo cane slices and scenic water.
Scenic water is my new best friend by the way I love the way it makes contents glow with colour. But it is messy, or I am messy, cos it seems to squirt in all sorts of directions. At the moment I am still playing with colours using the ones from De-Luxe Materials but I think you can use food colouring as well, is that right?
I do seem to either put too much or too little at the moment but I am getting there.
I have also finally got a sofa table for the living room which I have crackled. This was a dining table which I cut down and then stuck some beads to the legs to make it the right height and a little more interesting. I have started distressing my witch's rocking chair and I have tried to make a bead bottle which is a bit clumsy but it does look slightly like Nikki's and Debbie's. Oh well back to the drawing board.
All in all it's been a 'Bitsa Week'.....a bit of this and a bit of that which is not my best way to work as you can see
Total chaos and absolutely nowhere to work, looks like I will be tidying up again!