Nearly there as you can see in this collection of photographs. It has definitely been a learning journey and I have done lots of things wrong but on the whole I am pleased with the overall finish,
The interior has more or less come out as I expected and the floors - balsa and acrylics - has exceeded my expectations. Thank you everyone who helped me with these!
I am glad that I decided on the purple accent colour in the end as it has added a modish feel both to the windows and the outside. As you can see I have not included any of the kit's dividing walls or interior doors as I wanted the shop to be more open.
The plastic windows that came with the kit were not ideal to be honest even painted up. The see through window sheets do not really sit well with the upstairs windows but I hope to cover this up with vines and foliage.
The windows do not come with enough mouldings I don't think, in fact nothing is provided for the interiors at all. I have used bits and pieces I had lying around which isn't perfect and I still have to finish the interior of the front 'door'.
I have cut away the MDF underneath the front windows as I thought this would provide great storage space for the shop boxes, bags and all the other paraphernalia of shop life. This did, however, cause some problems when attaching the bay window as there was not a lot to stick to the main 'door' front but lots of glue and clamps seem to have done the job.
The stars are made in fimo and break up the grey nicely. The flagstones were a nightmare to cut around the bay. Never again, next time I will lay the flagstones first!
I will definitely be looking at all the mouldings and building materials at Birmingham this year as I don't want my Diagon Alley shops to have the plastic windows that seem to be supplied with Sid Cooke kits. Plus I need to buy proper railings because the plastic ones supplied all snapped to pieces as I tried to attach them to their posts.
This is how the doors turned out after the leaf treatment. The texture is still there but I liked the multi-colour finish better and will use it again.
The top window have been treated very simply mainly because the stone mache finish made it impossible to glue the mouldings!
All in all lots of things to do but with the exception of the roof nothing drastic. I really want it all done by next weekend as then I will be able to set it up with the items I have and know what I need to look for at the show.
Hope you have all had a good weekend despite the rotten weather in the UK!