As I made such a mess up trying to edge the bar I had to buy another rail and start again. Of course I could not find the same one quickly and locally, so I bought TWO lengths just in case.
I finally managed to edge the counter, mitres are definitely not my strong point, and painted it a glossy dark brown.
I have topped the counter with 'slate' tiles. These have been cut out of normal DIY floor tiles that I had left over from a previous project.
I am much happier with this finish.
The main problem is the height. It is slightly lower and sits below the shelving that was sized for the other bar counter. I will have to see what it looks like with the rest of the furniture and my good time witches.
I have also given a home to a very street wise ginger moggie.
I hope he has come on his own and not brought unwelcome house guests!!
This disreputable character was made by the very talented Sally of Miss Sally World and I think he is just right for Diagon Alley.
I have been grunging the Leaky Cauldron today....hmmmm, I think I might have been a little it too enthusiastic with the grunge. Will show tomorrow and see what you think.