I have been a busy beaver today but it does not feel as if I have done very much.
I have laid the floor tiles on the ground floor. I have used Richard Stacey's 3/4 inch antique floor tiles but I will be distressing them a little more especially around the fire places. I do like his products as they are very easy to use.
I always use PVA glue to stick them straight to the dolls house..
.......wait for them to dry overnight and then I will grout the whole floor. This is the most fiddly part but it is worth doing.
I have started the two false doors which are basically pieces of balsa that I have shaped and then drawn in the panels. They will now need to be distressed, painted/stained and fitted with some cast iron door furniture.
I always struggle with shop fittings. Mostly because I never seem to be able to work out how to make the shelving look like it all belongs together.
So this time I purchased some very basic bookshelves. I have removed all the exterior moulding to create a very basic carcass.
I have glued two units making a piece for two of the walls. I want to use these shelves on the upper floor for the items every witch should have in the kitchen......
These will be tarted up with moulding and then painted in the Cauldron's colours. I am thing black on red, crackled and distressed and waxed.
Oh and I did cut all of the wooden mouldings for the inside of the shop including the full length fire place, which means I have a whole pile of balsa waiting to be sanded, distressed, stained and waxed!!
This is definitely the last project I am doing for a while that uses "wood"in this way!
Have a great trip to Miniatura everyone that is heading to Birmingham this weekend. Sooooo want to go!
Good luck to all the wonderful sellers that I know are attending.
Have a fun weekend everyone.