I have been working on the interior shelves over the last few days. Making batches of sweets to fill the jars took up quite a lot of time but I have made enough to finish off the whole project now.....I hope.
The red selection are joined by some No Melt Ice Creams by Nikki Rowe.
The second big cabinet is now finished.
The purple selection has been added to the Bertie Botts window.
The yellow selection is above the main door......
I am glad I decided to make the majority of sweets myself as it has given me the opportunity to get to grips with Fimo. I am definitely no expert but I have learnt how to make very simple canes and would certainly feel capable of tackling small clay tasks in future projects.
The green selection sits above the Exploding Bon Bons window.
I have now compiled a list of the remaining jobs to finish Honeydukes and I am really hoping that this will be the summer I actually finish a whole project.
The three cabinets all fit well together.
These are basic shop fittings probably from Ebay but they do the job.
I am glad I went for brightly coloured sweets and haven't applied labels as I want the sweets to be clearly seen.
So what is left?
1. Dress the side lollipop window and interior shelf.
2. Dress the pink spiral staircase with jars of sweets and lollipops.
3. Make up the boxes and packages of Harry Potter sweets for the two smaller shelf units.
4. Make the Bertie Botts display (Hmmm, that might take a while!)
5. Finish the ridge tiling on the roof.
6. Make a Bats' Blood Soup display for next to the door. I have an idea for this which will hopefully work!
7. Dress the shop counter and make scales.
8. Finish painting guttering and attach to the front.
Is that it? Only eight jobs? Easy Peasey.
I can already hear all those Hogwarts students knocking on the door!!