I must admit there have been times when I have wondered why on earth I didn't just use the windows that came with this kit! The trouble is once I decided on the look I wanted for The Leaky Cauldron I just knew I had to make square Tudor-esque windows.
Now, after much scratching of the head and many broken nails they are complete and I am so pleased I didn't go for my usual quick fix approach. I am beginning to give each project time to develop and play a little rather than simply buy whatever easy fix material is on the market.
The leaded windows went in very easily and some did not even need a touch of glue as the lead gave the acetate extra strength.
I added some glass paint to the edges, not too much as I like to be able to see in my kits. I chose brown paint which seems to have been the right choice. Again I took my time and played with different colours on an extra window I leaded up with the intention of trying out a few different colours.
This is the finished exterior. I still have lots of finishing touches to add of course but the main building work has been done. I think this is the first project that has come out more or less exactly as I had envisaged at the start.
I have so many of you to thank for that. I have had so much encouragement and support, as well as helpful ideas and advice. These have made me try different techniques and accept that when it doesn't work......throw it away and try again! And again!
Hooray for Blogland!!!