Thursday 30 July 2015

Preparations for Number One and Number Three.....Even More Honeydukes.

I have made a lot of sweets for Honeydukes but so far there are no 'real' Harry Potter sweets or direct links to the Hogsmead shop. So today I have been playing with packaging for more magical sweets.
 These plastic containers came from my visit to the Appeldorn Fair a couple of years ago and are now filled with Ton Tongue Toffee.
 The Tooth Splintering Strong Mints are in plastic coin cases that I bought off Ebay. 
 As are the snakes and.....
 ....U No Poo.
 Chocolate skulls and....
 ......lemon drops again in the plastic containers from the Dutch fair. I wish I had bought more of these, or remembered the seller, as I have not seen them anywhere else.
 I have also planned and prepared the side window display. The tall bottle despite being way over sized did not fill the window well enough so I have cobbled together a taller candy tower.
 The smaller jar glued to the bottom gives me the height I wanted and I am quite pleased with the abundant candy display.
 The tower is going to be surrounded by small lollipops with even more sweeties. Again I needed height so I have repeated the same trick.
The lollipop towers have also used up lots of the extra sweets that I have made which makes me feel a lot better after working so hard to produce them! 
I will leave them all to harden off overnight before placing them in the window tomorrow.
I have also prepared lots of Harry Potter printables ready to start making up boxes for the shelves, then Honeydukes will have a proper magical feel I hope.
You know when obsession has finally arrived when you go to sleep planning the counter and wake up thinking about how to make the Bertie Bott's display. What happened to dreams of Brad Pitt and desert islands?!

10 comments:

  1. Es alucinante la cantidad de dulces que estas creando. Va a ser genial verlos todos juntos colocados en la tienda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on a candy store and would love to know how you made these candys. I love the candy in the extra tall jar. and the lollipops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, I am going to do some posts on sweet making so keep a look out.

      Delete
  3. Hello Janice,
    More wonderful work. I think your collection of glassware is really spectacular and you could not have put it to better use. It is all wonderful.
    Big hug,
    Giac
    N.B. I would go see a doctor about that dream thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee Giac, I am glad you are enjoying my efforts at being a confectioner.

      Delete
    2. Gee Giac, I am glad you are enjoying my efforts at being a confectioner.

      Delete
  4. Hi Janice! WOWEE!!! Your candy jars are looking Spectacular as are the round coin case packing. I used these coin case many times but I have NEVER thought of utilizing them as you have done! Beautiful Work! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coin cases are really useful aren't they. I had never come across them before. More things to stash away!

      Delete
    2. The coin cases are really useful aren't they. I had never come across them before. More things to stash away!

      Delete

I really appreciate all comments that readers take the time to leave. I try to reply to all of them.