Tuesday 26 March 2013

Fancy Staying the Night at The Leaky Cauldron?

The interior of The Leaky Cauldron is as finished as any project can be. The upper guest room is full of young Weasleys who have shopped til one of them has most definitely dropped!! Their cases are full of goodies to get them through a school year and their party dresses are included for the Yule Tide Party.
This room is pretty crammed as all witchy scenes should be so please excuse me if I miss an item that you have made. Just leave a comment and I will add your credits to the post.
Lots of pictures to look at so enjoy!
 The whole scene. Both dolls were made by Julie Campbell and you can see a naughty witch creeping up on her tired cousin. At the front are the over flowing cases of a typical Hogwarts pupil.
 The ginger cat family are from Pocket People. The cabinet at the front, bookcase and closet are all made by Michael Mortimer. The Weasley carrier bag came with a collection of Weasley products from  Little Woo Studio who sells a vast collection of Harry Potter pieces, pricey but well made.
I am sure you can see one of Nikki Rowe's wizard cupcakes and a non-melting ice cream by May Wee
 The mirror ghost is also by Julie Campbell while the pumpkin display on the mantle piece is by Eve of After Dark Miniatures. My sleeping witch likes to cuddle up with her favourite Harry Potter doll by  Lins Things. The Standard Book of Spells and History of Hogwarts were made by Lee Ann Borgia.
The little suede pouch right at the front was made for me by Glenda Howell
 This cauldron is from Sussex Crafts while the witchy-in-the-box is by Jaqueline Dunn.
 The raven toy is also by Jaqueline Dunn as is the tiny pumpkin topped test tube in the trunk. The white mice box was purchased at Miniatura from a seller whose name I can't remember as were the tiny bird nests. The red Birkenstocks, perfect for young witches, are by Patrizia Santi.
 The picture is pretty rubbish as I had to use the flash but I am sure you can see the wonderful tea set made by Lin Cummings pouring out a recuperative cup of pumpkin tea. Sitting alongside is the all important letter from Hogwarts. 
My candles were made by Victoria of Dark Squirrel Miniatures , the owl by Julie Lawton of Cottage Kitty and the dresses were purchased at a small dolls house fair I attended at Kelham Hall a few weeks ago.
 A closer look at the luggage with a whole host of tuck and comics. I made up the Honeyduke chocolate bars but the lolly pops came with a doll I purchased from Silke, I think. The toffee apple is from Hummingbird Miniatures. I made up the Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans from a template I found on the Internet, my thanks to the author of Harry Potter Paraphenalia
Have a great day everyone.

14 comments:

  1. Oh Janice! It is just wonderful. I could spend hours looking at all the fantastic details. ;-) I would love to shrink and spend the night in the Leaky Cauldron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. I hope I have captured the witchy clutter without over powering the characters. I think it would be a lively stay!

      Delete
  2. Arghhhhhhh! (yes I may or may not have just slightly screamed with excitement when I saw the blog post come up on my blogger homepage with that amazing photo of everything in place!

    I love it all so much! Absoloutely bursting at the seams with diagon alley goodies and it's just perfect! The two character by Jain make the scene and it couldn't be more perfect!

    Will take time to re read and look through all the links in the morning!
    Just wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jain's characters really set the scene I had hoped to create. Only the outside to finish off completely now!!

      Delete
    2. Arghh, I mean Julie's dolls.. My mistake :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun room. Must have been enjoyable hunting out all the fabulous items for the scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it has been at least two years in the collecting but I think it has been worth the effort. Now on to Slug & Jiggers!!

      Delete
  4. This room is a Missy Witch's dream, Janice! What a fun room ! Much as the candies are wonderful, I just love that self pouring kettle. What can I say, I am an old witch ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Sans, my birthday is Halloween and I am definitely an old witch!!

      Delete
  5. Very magical! The mirror ghost is superb.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love it Janice! The girl's are perfect and my favorite is the tea pot :)

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing piece of work Janice! I can only imagine the amount of hours you spent on creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lot you've managed to fit into this without anything being obscured or hidden. It's marvellous.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments that readers take the time to leave. I try to reply to all of them.