Sunday 28 February 2016

Spring Cleaning in the Tudor Witch House.........

I was forced to stay in my real life house today and make an effort to be semi sociable so I took the opportunity to have a Spring clean and tidy up, in my Tudor Witch House!
I am great at starting projects but terrible at finishing them and this house needs so little done to it really but I have never quite got around to the last bits and pieces.
It is a huge house from Maple Street and is a beast to move so it has stayed in the garden room where it looks at me reproachfully most days.
Using a shaving brush I have carefully dusted each room and window removing the non-witchy grime and cobwebs. 
Having been moved a number of times I also replaced fallen items and picked up all the witchy mess.
 I have never fixed any of the furniture in place as I have never believed this project to be 'done' but there are some areas that I have now decided can be ticked off so glue and tacky wax were added to my spring clean bucket.
It was lovely to see all the items I had gathered from so many talented artisans, some who have now retired and others who are not with us any longer.
 I had forgotten just how many pieces this monster house had devoured and each shelf revealed many favourites.
 My wonderful dragon by Feyth Crafts has finally been fixed in place for all to see and admire.
The kitchen is still not finished. It looks much too tidy for a start and needs a bit more clutter. The oven range still needs dressing, there is a shelf to be fixed to the wall at the bottom of the stairs and a spillage definitely needs to be created but it does at least look presentable for visitors.
The home stall is also open for business and full of witchy goodness. Of course the planting is awaiting a return of the gardener and the herbs still need to be hung but I now know what needs doing and can make a list. Which everyone knows is the first step in every job!!
I have even made a note of how many crates need to be filled so I am ready when all the spring and summer fairs start and I can go shopping for all the fill ins.
 The window of the kitchen has never had any attention so I attacked my stash hoping to find all I needed and began with all sorts of witchy bits. 
This mix of food and odds and sods just didn't do it for me though, there was not any flow to the staging so off it all came.
I then decided that any witchy kitchen would have to have herbs and plants. This window could be filled with lots of natural remedy ingredients ready to be added to the brews and potions.
Back to my stash I found a few plants and a lovely candle display that I think will fit perfectly.
I have a lot of plants ready for a future project so I had to be sensible and not raid indiscriminately but now I have a plan I can make a couple up every now and again, from left over Alice plants, for the window sill......oh I must add plants to my list!!
There are so many artists to name for this project and I have highlighted them many times in this blog on various posts so you must forgive me for not going through them all over again but I am sure many of you will recognise all the usual suspects.
My Gamages doll shop is not forgotten but I have been painting, painting and painting this last week or so which is very unexciting and tedious but I will have some progress to share tomorrow hopefully.
Right time to make that list!!

16 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic Janice. I love the kitchen window shelf. Not too much but plenty of character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The window shelf will never remain so uncluttered! I hate cutter in my real house bit can't seem to resist filling gaps in my tiny houses.

      Delete
  2. It is a beautiful house! I love all your bits and pieces. That dragon looks right at home over the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my dragon Catherine, so it's about time he had his time in the sun.

      Delete
  3. Es una casa imponente!!! Aunque no esté terminada,la tienes llena de preciosos y perfectos detalles,me encanta la ambientación que le has dado!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Janice, ein wunderschönes Haus hast du gebaut. Ganz toll dekoriert. RESPEKT!
    Ganz liebe Grüße Britta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janice,
    Wow! Your ageing and the character you create is amazing. What a wonderful house... though I must say I am in love with that dragon. Excellent work!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dragon is gorgeous Giac. All hand carved in wood and then stained. I love Tracey's work.

      Delete
  6. This was so much fun to look at, Janice! So many tediously wonderful details! Your work was done excellently, and I'm both inspired and simultaneously jealous of the finishing you did on everything! Thanks for the happy moment in my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jodi. This house was a real joy to work on and I have been lucky to fill it with so many treasures.

      Delete
  7. It is really nice to see all the details in this house again! I find that it sometimes takes a while of "ignoring" a project for me to figure out what it really needs! I look forward to seeing more of these witchy rooms! You really do have an amazing collection of items from many of the best craftspeople in the mini community! And the arrangements you set up with all the pieces are always really wonderful to look closely at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a kind comment you have taken the time to leave. Thank you much. This house is my biggest treasure trove and I don't think I will ever take on such a huge project again. Finding a place for it remains problematic!!

      Delete
  8. That's a fab property with a really interesting exterior. Spring cleaning is tedious (doing it in RL) but with minis it's nice to be reminded of all the lovely little gems that can get forgotten. No doubt the list is growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha....it was really nice to return to this house and be reminded of where I started really. This was the first house I put a lot of thought into rather than just buy for the sake of filling a room.

      Delete

I really appreciate all comments that readers take the time to leave. I try to reply to all of them.