Having fiddled around with the front opening panel for more than enough time this week I decided to start thinking about the upper floor which I hope will be markedly different to the organised lower floor. This is where potions and ingredients are made, deliveries unpacked and accidents happen!
I have been collecting pieces of whitewood furniture for a while and decided to have a play with the pieces that feel right for this room.
First I decided to place my second dressed door, this one by Julie Campbell.
This visiting ghost looks ever so slightly vague, as if she has forgotten where she left her shopping!
Now I need to place the furniture around her. This was scene one....
.....scene three. I think I like this one best as it doesn't hide the door too much. All the pieces will aged and painted much more rustically than down stairs. I will also add a work top to the front counter to make it look much more like a working bench. I have chosen this piece as it has lots of little drawers that can be filled with ingredients for my potion makers. There will also be lots of packaging boxes in the corners to avoid having horrible empty dead space.
I also lit up the downstairs door. I hope you can see the creepy shadow that the bright light leaves on the floor.
Looks like some mad experiment or explosion is taking place just beyond this door!!
Played with the LED lighting too, not a success. I wired everything up and they all worked perfectly but they were just too bright. I have chosen to put my lights behind the shelving to highlight all the potion jars but the white light of these LED's is just too strong.
I will have to order the warm light version tomorrow and save the others for another project.
I buy my lighting products from SWP so I could wait until KDF but I really want to set up the potion shelves......hopefully they will arrive next week.
In the meantime I have the upstairs furniture to age and a new toy to learn how to use.
This is a Proxxon KS 230E Saw from Bromley Craft Products and I wish I had bought one two years ago when I started Diagon Alley. All that wood I have struggled to saw with a variety of mitre boxes and hand saws. I think I have spent more in replacement blades than this little honey cost.
It is compact and very lightweight and soooo quick!!
Haven't quite worked out how to use the angle thingy yet. I managed one end of a piece of cornice but couldn't for the life of me work out how to do the other end.....back to the saw!!
I will try and take some action photos although to be honest power tools, even small ones scare the daylights out of me, and I am terrified that any lack of concentration may result in a trip to A&E!!