Tuesday 23 March 2010

The First Attempt....


It all began for me with The Manor House from the Dolls House Emporium. I desperately wanted my daughter to have the dolls house I would have loved to have had when I was a child. So I built, decorated and furnished in secret for her 8th birthday.

I absolutely loved getting it ready and played for hours. The day for handing the house over came and I waited for my daughter to enjoy it as much as I did. And I waited.......and waited.....and waited. My house simply could not compete with a hoard of Barbies and Disney princesses! Nor a mother who kept telling her how to play with this toy that wasn't mummy's at all!

Oh well, such is life.



And time went by and my three children grew up and suddenly I was 49 years old and I had time on my hands for the first time in 18 years.

My eldest son had left to travel during his gap year, my daughter had reached 16 and by now I had accepted she was never going to play with the house and my youngest was 14 and needing me less and less.

This sounds like bliss after the long haul of child rearing but the dreaded 50 was up and coming and I was dreading the empty nest syndrome.


And there was my lovely Manor House long ignored and a project I could get my teeth into.



Now I have six houses in various stages which I hope to share over the following months. Please bear with me if I fail to point out where all my pieces come from. I will do my best but please let me know if you spot something I have purchased from you and you wish it to be known.


Well I have now entered the Land of Blog. I hope you will enjoy looking at my houses as much as I have enjoyed and taken inspiration from the pages I have peeked at these last couple of months.































3 comments:

  1. How exciting...can't wait to see more :-)

    I am glad you didn't just become a bored empty nester and found something YOU love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure my husband would agree with you, he says I have just swopped shoes for minis! And he knows what was less obsessive!!
    I say a happy wife leads to a happy husband...and then rush off to put yet another coat on that roof that I just can't get right.
    Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he he ....yes a happy wife does lead to a happy hubby.

    Mine often complains about all the mini stuff I have lying about :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments that readers take the time to leave. I try to reply to all of them.